• 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
• 20g butter, chopped
• 1 cup (110g) coarsely grated butternut pumpkin
• 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar
• 100g feta, coarsely crumbled
• 60g baby spinach leaves, thinly shredded
• 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk, plus extra to brush
• 2 tablespoons natural seed mix with pine nuts
• Sliced cured meats, from the deli, to serve
• Antipasto, from the deli, to serve
• Cherry truss tomatoes, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place flour in a large bowl. Add butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine
breadcrumbs. Add pumpkin, cheddar, feta and spinach. Toss to combine. Add buttermilk. Use a round-bladed knife to stir
until a soft, sticky dough forms.
3. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until dough comes together. Shape into a 20cm disc. Place on lined tray.
Brush with extra buttermilk. Top with seed mix. Use a sharp knife to cut a 1cm-deep cross in the top.
4. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown and the damper sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Set aside to cool.
5. Serve with cured meats, antipasto and cherry tomatoes.